if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

1. I'm dying my hair.
.....blonde.
.....very very blonde.

I'm trying to safely go from very very very dark red (almost black) with fire engine red streaks to icy platinum blonde, like this:
Photobucket

I bought a product called One n' Only Colorfix, and used it to remove as much of the permanent haircolor as possible.
I'm currently at a pretty hilarious shade of strawberry blonde, but it is unbelievable light, considering I haven't even touched it with bleach yet.
I'm letting it rest tonight, and then attempting bleaching #1 tomorrow. It may take two tries, but my hair has always taken to lighteners really well. Dan even promised to help me apply it. What a fab husband.

I'll post pictures when I'm done!

2. I start my new job in a week and a half. So I got some new shoes, because I'l be walking alllllll over the city! We're going to take long walks with the stroller, lay on the playgrounds, go to central park and the zoo and all sorts of fun places- and my chucks are about to die so I needed somthing a little more functional.
I got these:
Photobucket
and these:
Photobucket

3. Dan may be going to med school. This is kind of huge and amazing. He's in th process of gathering info from a few different schools, mostly in Chicago and in West Virginia. We're really excited about this idea. We'll keep you posted!

4. There are more updates but I'm tired so I'll fill you in tomorrow.

2 comments

  1. ahhh I can't wait to see pictures of what your hair turned out like!! And I loooove your new tennies... they are so super cute!

     
  2. timmy and erin on June 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM

    I have been wanting to try blonde for a long time too! Not sure if I could pull it off!