if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

i fell back in love with new york today.

all it took was a stroll under the manhattan bridge with my husband and my dog, looking at the incredible view, feeling the sunshine on my face and the cool breeze lifting my hair up in swirls around my face, my scarf flapping in the wind.

oh, and the job of my dreams, waiting for me to start a week from monday.

finally...
finally.


i love it here again.

now i'm going to clean my apartment and make it shine.
i'm home.





...oh, the dream job?
taking care of a tiny little baby named miles, only 9 weeks old.
getting paid what i do now, but in 4 days a week instead of 5.
working with parents who have made this baby their whole world and would give anything to see that he has the very best in life.
in the most delightful neighborhood nyc has to offer, Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. DUMBO.

is this disneyworld?
it feels like it.

2 comments

  1. Anne on February 9, 2009 at 7:48 AM

    Aww, what a sweet name (Miles). Congrats on the new job, was your previous employer sad that you quit?

     
  2. Kristin on February 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM

    I'm happy for you! Your new job sounds perfect for you. I agree with a 4 day workweek. Being a wife requires hours after work and energy we don't have. Did they find you on craigslist?