if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

I have two announcements to make.


1. Upon our return home from vacation, Steve McQueen has been exhibiting some symptoms of what seems like depression. I'm sure it has something to do with dirty sidewalks replacing the expanses of woods and beach to which he became accustomed.
But i also think it is the lack of playmates, as he got to run wild with our bother/sister-in-law's two carolina dogs all week.
So yesterday, we got him a playmate.
I'd like to introduce you to Charlie Bronson.

Photobucket
Photobucket
(i'm sorry about the picture quality, all i have so far are cell phone pictures!)

He is a 7 month old pitbull/lab mix.
And he is just. fantastic.

He's housebroken, he's learning commands so fast, he sleeps through the night, and he worships Steve McQueen, who quite likes being worshipped.

Are we crazy for living in Brooklyn with two dogs, a cat, and a ferret? Definitely. But I've never presumed to be anything else.


2. I WON MY VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY! Thanks to the oh-so-crafty wife/mother/jewelry-maker extraordinaire, Secondsister Suaviloquy herself, I am now the proud owner of the VERY appropriate SPOT BROOCH!

I think it suits me. Don't you?

3 comments

  1. Laura on September 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM

    oh geez, I am a bad blogger...I did not post my cuff!!!!!
    bad dog

     
  2. Imprint on September 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  3. rachel on September 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM

    charlie is adorable. i hope steve mcq has chippered up with his new pal. :)