if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

i have started riding my bike EVERYWHERE.
to the park, to dinner, to outings with friends.
and to work.

it's just shy of a 5 mile bike ride there, making my total riding somewhere around 10 miles a day.
i pedal as hard as my legs and lungs can handle it, and when i pull up in front of my destination, i feel like my eyes are going to fall out and my stomach is doing somersaults, and it feels SO GOOD.
i now understand why people get addicted to exercise.

i hope this makes a dent in the 7 pounds i put on over the winter.

i'm currently at 152.
i was 145 last summer.
ideally, i'd like to be somewhere between 135 and 140. i know that seems low for someone who is 5'10", but i have a very very very narrow frame, so anything extra really feels out of place. i promise, i will be healthy.

i have been eating better than ever before, also.
i can do this!
i just keep saying that nothing tastes as good as thin feels whenever i'm tempted to inhale everything in sight.
but i definitely treat myself on occasion- i just make sure my boss eats most of it! haha.




...in other news, i got to lay out in the park for 2 hours today while miles napped in the shade of his stroller.

this is going to be such a great summer.

3 comments

  1. timmy and erin on April 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

    you are so very cute.

     
  2. Anne on April 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

    That is awesome that you are riding your bike everywhere, keep it up!!! I went spinning this morning at 5:30 am before work..first time I have ever done that. I am tired right now but at least my whole night will be free now! Just think of all of the extra calories you are burning everyday....in a 45 min. spin class I burn over 700 calories, that is insane! Anyways...when it comes to eating, you are doing the right thing. Don't let yourself not have "anything" because then you'll binge and eat everything! I have done that far too many times. Just try not to eat anything processed...that is the way to go! Also..if you are looking for a GREAT snack...check out Breyer's All Natural Fruit Bars. They are incredible...amazing...your hubby will love them too! Ok, sorry this was so long! :/ ( I just have a lot to say about fitness and eating healthy and all that jazz!)

     
  3. Laura on May 20, 2009 at 1:02 PM

    enjoy the city, bike rides, a lazy days in the afternoon sun....oh how I do miss them!