if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

a list of things i am convinced would make my life better:

a shed-free dog. steve mcqueen sheds faster than i can sweep. i bought him a new brush yesterday. after running it through his fur three or four times, he shook himself furiously, sending all of the hair i had previously loosened swirling through the air to settle comfortably on the floor i had just swept. also, every morning there are what look liek snow drifts of hair in every corner. i have to sweep every single night.
and don't even get me started on our bedding. (and don't lecture me- he WILL NOT sleep anywhere but our bed. so shut up.)

an empty apartment so that i can just start over with a blank slate. i wish i could clear everytinything out and only put back what WE REALLY NEED. that way i would also be able to paint with having to worry about moving furniture and covering things with tarps. i just painted in february, but i'm already ready for a change- and i never even finished the trim the first time around. which brings me to my next point...

the will to finish ANYTHING i start. like painting. and organizing. and the laundry.

a bigger kitchen. we have a fantastic kitchen by new york standards, but it doesn't mean i don't long for miles of sparkling clean countertops and a HUGE oven and cupboards filled with everything i could possibly need to bake.

more money. i don't think i need to elaborate on that.



but for real, i need to tackle the shoe closet. i can't handle one more morning of digging through a MASSIVE MOUNTAIN of shoes to find my other flip flop.
i could use a bigger dresser and some shelving, too.

sigh.

organization is so overwhelming.

4 comments

  1. كارولين on July 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

    Israel sheds just as much, but it is short so it doesn't seem as bad... until you find it in the refrigerator, attached to your laptop, on all of your clothes, taking over the lint trap, in your books, on your tv, all over the futon and sheets, inside your shoes...

     
  2. Terra on July 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM

    I've never been, but The Container Store seems like a magical place I one day plan to go to to tackle my overwhelmed closet. I'd recommend it!

     
  3. The Bennes on July 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM

    Potter sheds horribly too, ICK! I accidently wore two different flip flops yesterday b/c my shoe closet is a mess as well...

     
  4. Hatkevtonin on July 9, 2009 at 4:25 PM

    I occasionally will find Shelby the Dog's hairs on my computer. Which is in my room. Which is someplace Shelby the Dog rarely ever goes. Fortunately Shelby the Dog usually sheds in easy to clean clumps, but she's an aussie so she sheds fiercely.

    In re to the closet issue...You could just own less shoes...