if dreams were lightning & thunder was desire, this old house would have burnt down a long time ago.

1. blog more. i want to have a record of my life, witnesses, encouragement, accountability, and most all, the ability to make a realistic reflection before starting 2010. plus, it helps me sort my thoughts at the end of the day and provides an outlet for my emotions. and i love to write.

2. write more. maybe look into starting a book. finally. at the very least, maintain the gift, facilitate its growth, see where it goes.

3. listen more. while i have calmed down immensely since college, i still don't feel that i have become the epitome of a good listener. i don't want to leave people with the impression that i care only about myself, but that i truly and eager to learn more about everyone else. i've spent 24 years talking. i want to hear some great things. this year, i will ask more questions, and hear more stories.

4. spend less. enough said.

5. complain less. i'll be grateful for what i have, and focus more energy on being positive. this is going to be a hard year, because i plan to start back up in school, and i will do well to remember that positivity is crucial during hard times.

6. snark less. i will speak sweetly to those i love.



*miscellaneous things i also want to work on:
-keep the house clean(ish).
-get my dog more exercise.
-stay on top of homework in school.
-take better care of my body.
-learn some more recipes and cook more at home!
-take the time to look my best before going to work or school. this seems silly, but it makes such a difference in my attitude throughout the day.

1 Comment

  1. DvE on December 30, 2008 at 10:28 AM

    my resolution for 2009:

    keep up the good work.